With the initial $250,000 raupatu funds awarded in 1981, and Ministry of Maori Affairs loans, two kiwifruit orchards were purchased. These properties are now mortgage free and consist of:
- 2 separate land blocks, “Opureora Orchard” Matakana Island, Tauranga, approx 17 ha total area. Currently producing in excess of 69,000 trays green kiwifruit.
- separate “pole house” block 1.65 ha purchased in 1992 which adjoins the Opureroa orchard blocks. Planned for future development purposes.
- “Motungaio” block 94.70 ha purchased in 1994 for potential aquaculture development. Majority tidal land immediately adjoining pole house block.
- “Crawford Road” Orchard, Te Puna, 11.4 ha in total, producing 25,000 trays from 3 ha area. Buildings leased to Tauranga Boys” College Alternative Schooling as well as rented residential property.
- Tauranga Moana Maori Community Centre: Located in central downtown city area, 1199m2. Reserve status for community centre. Additions completed in 1991 to house administration offices for the Trust Board.